Tuesday, April 8, 2008

EVERYDAY IS AN ADVENTURE

Greetings Nurslings- I am now truly back in NYC. I am right smack bang in the middle of interviewing for a job as a Nurse Practitioner. My fears of recruiters being 'put off' by my strange resume of late are calmed somewhat by the wonderful reactions of those who have called me for interviews. I think it is certainly seen by more enlightened recruiters as an insight into one's manifold capabilities. So in effect you tend to be picked up by the more progressive recruiters-which is what you want, n'est-ce-pas? I am hoping to have some exciting news to share with you soon.
I have thoughts on BLOGs from the field. Lately they have proved extremely problematic for NGO's as employees have posted personal observations. information and opinions which can in fact cause grave repercussions. Even before I arrived in N'djamena I decided not to write a live Blog during my time in Chad for various reasons but I did keep a little diary. I have decided that now I am going to share pages of my thoughts written as I navigated my mission along with photos. I also may include passages from my first mission to Burundi as on reading them they have a power which brings me right back to the place I was. ALL my musings add to my contemplation of NURSING and how this chosen profession is ripe for enlightened change and expansion.....

No comments: