Thursday, March 15, 2007

The REAL and the IMAGINED

So here goes- I believe nursing at its most vital is a profession that crosses all boundaries and touches on all aspects of our humanity and on the burning issues of these times. Unfortunately not all nurses see it that way. I have no choice, for ME Nursing is the political, the freedom fighter, the rebel, the compassionate who 'fights' with caring. The Nurse can be the person who can smile and warm hearts even as death cools others. Nursing has to grow and expand as a human spirit should, open to learning and innovation, forgiving of itself and striving for excellence. Sounds like a lot of hot air eh?

That's why I have decided to start the drive to build the FIDDLER HOSPITAL FOR HOPELESS CASES (FHFHC). My last year teaching Nursing students after being in Africa renewed my plans for the ideal hospital . I have the vision of a Hospital where I can choose the staff, try out innovative procedures and no HIPPA is ever needed. For example: It will be staff from the FHHC that will pay unannounced visits on JCAHO headquarters looking for mean people, unimaginative clothing and redundant paperwork.
Please leave comments and ideas on how you think you can add to the FHFHC dream. Together we can upset the old nursing applecart and lead the way. I have lots of ideas from fab Uniforms to 'theme' nights on the nightshift, to having CEO's periodically cleaning up bloodspills... Maybe you can already tell it will sometimes be hard to tell the possible from the impossible. THAT'S THE WHOLE POINT. So if you feel comfortable with the suggestions that will follow, there may be a place waiting for you on staff ... or as a patient - welcome to FHFHC!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

John!

Please save me a spot at FHFHC! I would love to be a part of the crazy changes and especially the theme nights!! :)

One of your little nurslings,
Krystell