Sunday, May 6, 2007

YOU NEVER KNOW

My heart goes out to those waiting news of the Kenya Airways crash. It hits close to home for those who travel in Africa, as KA is such a utilized airline and Nairobi is a huge hub for all the NGO's etc. I have fond memories of early-morning Kenya Airways flights from Nairobi to Bujumbura. They have the best hot breakfast!! Spicy tomatoes and sausages and egg... I always had the danger of African air travel in my mind while travelling, but KA was always professional and had new airplanes. Unfortunately this airplane was brand new, so there goes that reassurance. Those of you who don't know me should know I love Airliners and flying. When I was a kid I used to collect air-crash clippings from the newspapers, and would stage my own crashes with lego airplanes (built from scratch baby!) filled with toy soldiers. Think what you want. Travelling by air frequently does not make you feel any more safe, to the contrary I find myself filled with fear more easily than I thought. In case you are wondering-'cos I certainly was- It looks like I will be flying to N'Djamena (Chadian Capital) with Air France on a boring old A 320. Ha!!

No comments: